Tuesday, November 4, 2008

*phew*

So I just registered for my Spring semester classes, and I did not slit my wrists, so thank God for that, lol.
(Disclaimer: To anyone who might stumble across this blog, no I am not suicidal, I just go to Georgia Tech.)

Why is such a high stress situation? Well the Christian answer is that it's because I'm not relying on God enough. Not to say that that isn't what the answer is in general, but it's a bit deeper. With next semester I will for the first time be taking a majority major classes (classes for my major), contrastive to the general prerequisites I have been taking, so it kind of freaks me out. Also, something I realized today in Tuesday prayer is that I'm scared to specialize in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). I feel like I would loose all of my creativity and only talk in terms of derivatives, and loads. God was telling me, though, having a higher understanding of the world around me won't separate from Him, but rather give me a glimpse of who God is from a whole other viewpoint. I guess I never realized that before Newton, Jacob, and all the other mathematicians and physicists there was God who created it all. So learning all of this stuff is like reading my Bible, I get to see who God is and what He has done.
Ah, I see now how I can worship God in my classes.

Oh yea. I am an African-American female, and I voted for John McCain. Whether he wins or not is not up to me, it will be according to the will of God. And no matter who the president turns out to be, I will pray for him, because he will the leader that God has put in place for His glory.

No comments: